Thursday, December 22, 2005



OVERSEAS EDUCATION VOL. 2


Happy New Year to all at home! 2004 has been an incredible year, but I believe 2005 will be an even more Awesome year for all of us. I have been here for 5 months and am having a really fantastic time. I know that this is only possible by the Grace of God, and the support and encouragement from all of you back home.I would like to share some bite size thoughts with you.

Yes, welcome to Part II of our Overseas Education, more specifically, Cassilda's version.


In the past 21 weeks in Sydney, I've learnt that….


1. I am incredibly blessed to have Leonard in my life. He is the most tender, loving and caring Man of God, ever. How can someone so wonderful love someone like me is something that only God can enable! And he cooks great pasta as well!

What more can I ask for?






2. There is no problem too big for God. A fear that has crippled me for the past 20, yes you read correctly, 20 years of my life has since seen breakthroughs. Miracles do not just happen to others. It has happened to me. It can happen to You.







3. I'm a Delight in God's eyes. He doesn't mark me down because I failed to do something. He Delights in me, He is jumping up and down with joy when I worship Him. Of course, He is equally ecstatic when it is you who is adoring Him as well.




4. Did Leonard already mention this the other time? Well, it doesn't hurt to mention it again. You and I posses incredible goodness inside of us because our God lives inside of us! Beneath our problems and occasional hang-ups, the core of our beings as Christians is not sin; it is the ability to connect intimately with God and meaningfully with others.




5. Australians don't use face wash and toilet paper as much as we do in Singapore. Otherwise, the former won't have so limited brands and the latter won't be so expensive.




6. Everyone has a story of their life to tell. Sometimes they don't reveal it at all, sometimes they reveal in bits and pieces and sometimes they don't even realize there is actually a story beneath the story that they are telling. The next time you sense a `moment' coming on, seize it and listen to the story in the person's life.

That could change both your lives.




7. There is nothing as fulfilling and satisfying as abandoning my life to God, for His purposes alone. 2 years ago, I would not have been able to picture myself here. I cannot even begin to imagine the life, the adventure that lies ahead of me.




8. It is possible to buy chicken drumsticks, freeze it, cook it, eat it and still be alive. Even though it is 2 months past the expiry date.



9. To not take myself too seriously. Have a laugh! Have a go!






10. To never, ever, EVER take SBS and TIBS for granted again. Miss one bus here in Sydney and can balek kampung because the next one will take another 1 hour to come.

Heck, it might not even come at all.



11. Jesus is the answer to everything. And the Church is the Bride of Christ that is the Hope of the World. We are the Hope of the World. You have that Hope in You and You need to bring that Hope to your world.



No comments: