Thursday, December 22, 2005

OVERSEAS EDUCATION VOL. 1

Many of you over the months Cass and I have been here, through email, sms, MSN or christmas cards, have ask us to share what we have learnt from Hillsongs College. Or more accuately, being here in Australia. We thank you for your interest and concerns, we really appreciate it.

So in answer, I've have taken the liberty of putting down some stuff in short sentences for your reading pleasure. We plan to compile something similar every few weeks and send them out.


I've learnt recently...


1. That Cassilda is the most wonderful person I have ever met. That if on our flight home to Singapore, should an overhead largage compartment suddenly open and out pops a 20Kg hardcase and hits me on my head causing all the knowledge I have learnt from Hillsongs College to disappear, the time spent here with Cassilda discovering more of our relationship would have been worth the trip. 8)




2. That it is possible to write 38 christmas cards in 3 hours. It takes another 38 hours to recover from it of course.


Kids, we don't recommend you try this at home.




3. That ministry flows out of relationships not the other way round. (By this would all man know you my disciples, if you love one another)




4. That God has sheer delight in me! Yay! 8)




5. That God, my God, is one heck of a Happy Guy.
Why wouldn't He be? He has everything and can do anything and has everything in His control and going as planned. Many human beings say, 'One day, it will be all perfect and then I'll be happy." Well, God is perfect therefore He is infinitely Happy. I guess we have misrepresented Him as an angry, pmsing judgemental kinda guy. The question I ask is this, "For a person who can do anything and have everything, why's he walking around with a frown?"

NO. My God is an unbelievable Happy Guy.




6. Here's a brain twister - When God thinks about Himself, the image He sees is so complete and perfect that He ends up replicating Himself - that image or 'reflection' is in essence, Jesus. ( "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being" - Hebrews 1:3) '...

His only Son, begotten, not made.'

Chim.




7. That Friends and Family make all the difference in the world when it come to Christmas. I never realised how boring christmas actually was until I came here.

Life is just not the same without those close to you.




8. That Killer Tiramisus wrecked thousands of homes and lives in South East Asia. Cass, I told you already don't put so much rum and chocolate, right?







9. That it's true what the bible says, the more I try not to sin, I do. Now, instead of waking up in the morning and saying, "I must not sin this sin today, I must try my best to control myself.", I say, "God, thank you for loving me despite a sinner. Help me to delight in your presence and love so much that I don't even feel like sining."

Well, things have very much improved.




10. That the church, if it is everything that God intended it to be (see Acts 2:42-47), it is the planet's optimal environment for bringing out the best in people. Therefore, the best churches I've seen so far are those that focus on bringing out the best in people. (Not on people's sins)

"I don't want to just speak to your problems, I want to speak to your Potential"
- Bobbie Houston, Hillsongs Church

Grace, anyone?




11. That the reality is, because God is dwelling inside of us, all Christians have an unbelievable power to do so much good in this world. Gosh, We are like walking Goodness Powerplants waiting to be unleashed. Yes, it's in you.
Please feel free to change the world.




12. That I know some of the best people on earth. Just when you think its going to be a lonely christmas, a ton of presents, emails and well-wishing cards arrive at our house all the way from Singapore. This year, I have a LEGO racer car, a pair of socks for chilly days, two sets of MASTER Qi VCD from none other than the Master himself and a photofame-book-thingy with my favourite verse crafted on it. It really made our day!

Snif* Snif* ....aw guys... you are the best!

No comments: