Thursday, September 04, 2008

Reno Rants (2)



I think we are just about ready to start our renos.

After about two months of planning, drawing, meeting contractors and combing through quotations, we will be taking the plunge in making one of our biggest purchase of our lives, second only to the actually flat.

It is truly an exciting time albeit crazy-busy. Dreaming about our home and finally seeing it taking its first baby steps towards reality is amazing. I am excited! Cassilda is elated. I pray and hope that everything works out well. And at a affordable price.

The contractor we will be awarding to seem professional enough compared to some we have seen. His quotes are pretty affordable which leaves us room for a bit of fancy designs. And his office is pretty near our home, present and future, so it will be good. I could show up in his office in my running shorts to ask why my air-con leaking, only that I don't actually do any running, then again seeing how the stadium is nearer to my new house, the above scenario could actually happen.

But I've been learning a great deal about putting a house together. what color schemes go well with what, what are the 3000 types of wood in the world and that the position of the sun has a direct impact on interiors. I must say I pretty enjoy the whole process. It is one thing to design a layout for a Ad or a brochure, quite another to design a layout for a house. about 1000 times more exciting. I mean you actually get to design something you can touch, feel, open, see, smell and interact for as long as it last. It doesn't get kept in some file somewhere or some website, its real, solid and takes up space. It cannot be ignored. It touches our lives and greet us when we wake up, its the last thing we see before the lights go off.

Its very cool.

Well, for all the young people reading this. I know one day you wish to get your own house too. Just want to let you know: enjoy the process. Cass and I have heaps of fun through this all, it has been an absolute joy building our new home (Love Nest) together. It has brought us closer and taught us to appreciate the strengths of each other so much more.

I just hope and pray now that we will make it in time for our wedding date on the 15th of Nov, 2008.

God, you who created and furbish the Universe, you said in your word- 'Wisdom builds a house, Understanding establishes it, Knowledge fills it with wonderful things.' Ps 24 Guide us, grant us wisdom, understanding and knowledge of what it takes to build a House that glorifies you and blesses others. May you guide the heart, imagination and integrity of our Contractor and guide the hands of our sub-cons, fill them with a spirit of excellence, honesty and diligence. May we do a work and offer you a place worthy of your Majesty and Excellence.

Cass and I thank You, for all you have done, your faithfulness and how you have guided us every step of the way. We trust in you and know you will cause all things to work together for our Good. thank you Heavenly Father. In Jesus Name, Amen.

leo

No comments: