Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday. Friday is Amp In the City. 4 days.

I'm pretty nervous about it. This will be the first time I'm speaking in a setting like this. Although I know that one day this was going to happen, God had already given me sense prior, it doesn't make my stomach any less queasy.

Now? What about when I'm more ready and less all-over-the-shop?

As I type this, I'm reminded in the spirit, of the bible-study that the teaching team did about 2 weeks ago.
'Be ready, in season and out season, when it convenient and when its not.' BE READY.

How does one be ready? I suppose being 'ready' is not the same as 'not nervous'. Again, I'm reminded that nervousness is a Gift from God. It helps me as a speaker to desire to do well - as long as the feeling don't get to me. Handled, it becomes a motivation to put in the effort needed.

I feel on friday, I'm not there to share an abstract theological lesson rather its introducing my listeners to someone who changed my life. It is deeply personal and relational. I pray that they catch the love, the begging, the assurance, the intimacy in my voice and thoughts as I share about Jesus. May there be tears in my voice - Know Him! Love Him! Serve Him!

There is nothing else more compelling, more meaningful, more beautiful, more worthy of my life than to follow Jesus. I was once lost. But now am found. Was blind but now I see.

I'm not the best of all person. I'm a sinner, if you could open up my mind, dissect my intentions and question how I spend my time- you will know I'm not always who I project myself to be. I'm mean, unloving, selfish and sinful. Countless time I've repented, countless time I've fallen again.

Yet. God continues to love and forgive me. He keeps saving, interventing and blessing. I don't understanding. He fills my life with light, with good friends, with a mission, with love - exceedingly abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagined. Or even come close to deserving.

Amazing Grace. My God who found me love me lifted me.

I talk about the Woman At the Well, not because it such a great story but because its a personal story. Its the story of my life. He found me when I least expected. And I've never been the same since.

No comments: