Sunday, June 06, 2010

Give me oil in my lamp


This morning, the Lord reminded me of the parable of the wise and foolish virgins. They were bridesmaids waiting for the bridegroom to come. A group of them brought along extra oil for the wait. A group of them didn't . When the time came for the Bridegroom arrived, they foolish one realized that their oil had run out. The wise one, because they brought extra could keep their lamp burning at the decisive moment.

I am reminded that I need to continually ask God to fill my lamp with oil. To not grow complacent and lazy in asking the holy spirit to fill me with the anointing. With the Awaken camp a week away, I need to continue to stay awake and filled with the brim with God's power.

Fill me today, Holy Spirit, give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning. Keep me burning till the break of day.

I love you Jesus.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: