Monday, October 20, 2008

.



These are the final days of single hood
Life as I know it will forever change.
As I take these steps toward a new Dawn
I recount the blessings that has been.

I am grateful...


1. that God has given me the most beautiful, wisest, devoted and God-loving woman to be my wife, lover and best friend.


2. that He gave us such a long, wonderous and challenging courtship. We have been through so many seasons together and have learn to love each as we discover more and more the beauty and imperfections of each other. I am sure I want to spend the rest of my life with Cassilda.


3. that God gave us an opportunity to spend a year at Hillsongs College, Sydney for a year. Learning to do life together, cook, study, explore, pray, serve, give, suffer and overcome together. Through it all, we have learn much about fighting together and not each other.


4. that we have the most wonderful community in Amplify, whose passion, love, friendship, support and belief has mould us to be who we are today, together. Our community will always be a part of our lives, the air we breathe and on which we mount on wings.



5. that we had the most memorable wedding proposal. One that I have been dreaming about since I was a young boy. One day, I will propose to my girlfriend with a 1000 roses and fill the entire place with it. Iggy, Josie, Linus and Ann helped make that dream come true. and most importantly, she said 'YES!'. and Life was never the same again. I will never forget.



6. that we got our flat sooner exceeding faster than we expected. We did not expect to get a flat until 2010. I had already made plans to move into Cassilda's room after the wedding. Guess what? Last I checked, they have finished installing the doors on our kitchen cabinet - in our very own flat - in Bedok Central.


Every time I step in, I am in awe. I still can't believe God's goodness to us. How can it be? Except that every good and perfect gift comes from our heavenly Father!


7. that we got a english speaking Contractor who so far has done a pretty decent job. We are quite happy with the work so far...and so fast. I think I will be ready before the wedding!


8. that we found a beautiful dining table after searching every corner of Singapore. (serious!) A Restored import piece from Holland. It was love at first sight for the both of us. Can't wait to move it in.


9. that we got our good wedding wine at great prices!


10. that my Father sponsored my air-conditioning and lights.


11. that our caterer is a generous man


12. that we settle our March In music 9 months before the wedding



13. that we found the perfect wedding bands. I absolutely love them! Simple and meaningful. I really can't wait to wear them on Cassilda.


14. that our parents have helped us a great deal in setting up the home.



15. That through it all, these months of intense preparation, I have grown to love and appreciate Cassilda more. We have grown closer and happier as we plan our home together, as we make decisions and faced down suppliers together. She has been so loving and patient with my obsession with every house and furniture detail.



16. And that God, whose mercies are New every morning, never fails to be faithful. Our Jehovah Jireh has given us so much and I can feel his Love from everything that has transpired so far. I can only bow my head in gratefulness for my God who love me and takes care of the both of us.

"Surely goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life."

Praise and Glory to You. My God. My All.


Leo








.

No comments: