Monday, March 12, 2007

Fields of Amplify

Last Tuesday night, we had a Senior's Leaders meeting. As always, we took a bird's eye view of the community to get a sense of where we are now and where we are going, taking stock of all our activities.


I remember leaving the meeting feeling a little bit overwhelmed with the number of things the community is doing and building at the same time. I am very happy of course, with the opportunities, graces and people He has sent our way - we have done nothing to deserve it. Yet it can feel quite scary and whelming at times.

So wednesday morning I took it to prayer before the Lord and just told Him how I feel and asked Him for help. As I did, when I closed my eyes, I saw in my mind a vision of a large plantation field.

As I looked, the field was divided into many smaller plots each with its own type of crop growing. No plot was quite the same. Some were full grown plants, some were bare, some had trees and other short saplings.




As I looked at the field, I sensed I was looking at a representation of our Amplify Community. Each plot represented something we are building. i saw something like this picture:





I saw us going among the field, working in the plots (like farmers), each plot requiring different kind of works according to its stage and type. Some were left bare. Some were having seeds planted. Some required pruning. Some had to be watered. Some were experiencing harvest and people were needed to collect it.

As I looked at the field, i sensed God telling me that different things have to be done for different plots according to each need :


1. Allow some plots to Fellow
(untouched) - Not time yet, don't do anything except pray over it.


2. Plants seeds - Cast vision for it.


3. Tilt the soil - Bring up the matter. Discuss about it. Stir people's hearts.


4. Water the plot - Laying theological or scriptural foundations for it. Teach.


5. Tend to the Sapling - Problem-solve the teething stages, nurture and protect it.


6. Fertilize - encourage, provide resources, give it influence


7. Release workers - train people to lead and tend to the plants


8. Harvest - reap and celebrate the changed lives


Yup. That is what I got in prayer. It sort of put things into perspective for me and challenged me to think about each plot differently and clearly. Thank god, I don't feel so overwhelmed. Just take it a plot at a time, do what we can and trust God to bring growth.

"What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." 1 cor 3:5-7

Thot I just share this will you. Praise God for His Love!


Leo

No comments: