Friday, March 16, 2007

16th Feb S.O.A.P

S
cripture

"May my meditation be pleasing to Him as I rejoice in the Lord" Ps 104:34


Observations
1. God cares about what I think not just what I do. "You desire truth in the innermost parts." Ps. 51. You can't get more 'innermost' than thoughts.

2. He is pleased or displeased by what I think about.

3. God knows and hears my thoughts. Sometimes I think that just because others can't hear them, God can't also.

4. If I make God the source of my joy, I will think thoughts that are pleasing to Him.

5. God is pleased with Faith. Thoughts that reflect faith is pleasing to Him.


Application
I will think about what I think about. I will choose the thoughts I allow to stew in my mind. I will stop when i drift into thoughts that are impure or negative. I want my thoughts to be full of Faith, hope, optimism and love.


Prayer
Lord Jesus, from this day, help me to guard my thoughts. Extent the gift of self-control to the realm of my thinking. May even what I think about please you. Amen.

No comments: