Tuesday, August 22, 2006








Hi Friends!

Welcome to the 5th installment of Enroute!

The response to this new Enroute blog has been awesome! We hope to continually update this blog so do come back as often as possible to visit us!

The last few months has been fantastic for the both of us, serving together in Amplify and seeing the community grow from strength to strength. We'll very excited to see what God has in store for us. The Best is really yet to come!

So stick around, check it out, Enroute Vol. 6 should come by sooner than usual because God has just been so totally awesome that we have so much to share!!! And yes, do drop us a comment or tag something, that would really go a long way in encouraging us to keep sharing!

Love you all! Enjoy!

Leo & Cass




This few days I realised....



1. that black toilet paper is like the coolest thing in the world.




2. that it is impossible to be unique outside the context of a community. When I am by myself, there is nothing to compare myself to. When I am alone, I am just like everyone else.
But when I are in a community or a team, and I are making a contribution that only I can make, you begin to see the unique qualities of every individual. And you see the lives that are meant to lived that only this or that person can live.

I need to move from a 'me' to a 'we' mentality




3. that we like ourselves more than anyone else.

Which is why I tend to like people who are just like me. And I think negatively about people who are different from me.




4. that when we are younger, we are attracted to a partner that is different from us, so its exciting, fresh and fun.

But as we get older, we tend to want to find someone who is like us because we perceive that it will give us more stablilty and security.



5. That we were made to love God and to enjoy Him forever.

"In your presence are fullness of Joy and at your right hand, pleasures forevermore."




6. that we enjoy God by seeing His Beauty and Excellencies with the eyes of our souls- with our heart and reason.

"This one thing I ask of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple." - King David, Psalm 27:4


7. that you know you found the One when she buys you two tickets to the Robbie Williams Concert at the indoor stadium for your birthday.

The only question that remains is this...

who shall I bring?

ermmmm...decisions decisions...


8. That true happiness come from pleasures that are good and make us more excellent. If we enjoy something and it leaves us gulity, violent, preverted, addicted or selfish - than we end up not truly happy.

That is why the truly happy people in this world are those who are pure in heart - because they see God and enjoy the sight of Him.

"Happy are the pure in Heart, they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

There is nothing in the delighting in God that goes against the human nature, in fact everything about us agrees and conforms to it. There is absolutely no bad side effects or allegegic reactions.







9. that God knows He is God.

He has to because God knows everything and if He doesn't know He is God then, he doesn't know eveything which means He can't be God because God knows everything.

So God knows that He is God.

"I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself..." Isa 44:24

So if He knows He is God, than He must act like God. If He is the highest, most beautiful, Majestic, totally awesome and powerful being in the universe, then He must act like the the highest, most beautiful Majestic, totally awesome and powerful being in the universe.

Which is why eveything God does, He does to display His Glory.





10. that the purpose of our lives is to display the glory of God.






11. that whatever I enjoy or find satisfaction in, like a new mountain bike or a fabulous Laska I found, I can't stop talking it to everyone. We glorify what we love and enjoy.

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.



12. that it is possible to face the wall and not the door when using the toilet cubicle for your..erm..big business. I (leo) never knew until a friend (whose identity we will not reveal for protection) asked me the other day if I were a wall-er or a door-er.

I was like...huh? doesn't everyone face the...when..erm..oh. okay.

That question was erm...a turning point in my life.

well, not really.

.

Leo & Cass

.

Store in a location in the reach of children and elderly people.



No comments: